Monday, October 1, 2012

Stained Glass Apples

I was looking at these in my windows today and they made me smile so I thought I would share how we made them.

First I copied the apple outline onto construction paper. I used a combination of red, yellow, and green.


Then I had the students cut out the middle {I made a little slit to help get them started}.

After they cut out the middle, then we cut out the outside and I put clear contact paper down on the black line side of the paper.{I had to leave the paper on the contact paper so you could see which side to put it on} 
Then students took small pieces of cut tissue paper and stuck it onto the sticky contact paper. Cut out a stem for their name and turn around for a beautiful stained glass apple!!

The apple outline isn't perfect but I am more than hapy to share! Just click on the picture below to download from google docs.


3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I have 4 huge windows in my classroom that would look great with these. Thanks for the idea!!

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm finished with apples this year... but saving this idea for next year year. :-)

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I wish I had a window (you remember the no window thing!) so I could do these next year! I think that I will make them with my own boys!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete

1.